What is needed for vehicle pick-up?
When picking up the vehicle you need a valid credit card, identification card, or passport and a valid driver’s license.
The credit card needs to have enough available funds to cover the deposit amount. The height of the deposit (authorization) depends on the price of the rental, the vehicle type, and category, as well as the chosen coverage.
The credit card can be charged for any extra costs that can appear during the rental period.
Terms of payment
For the authorization process, we accept MasterCard and Visa Credit cards. We do not accept prepaid or electron cards (Visa Electron, Maestro) for the authorization process.
The lessee must be the owner of the credit card.
The rental can be paid with a credit card, pre-paid or electron cards, as well as cash.
Bear in mind that payment with a credit card may require your pin code.
The client, as well as any additional drivers, needs to be in possession of a valid driver’s license for at least one year.
Driver's licenses that are not printed in the Roman alphabet (Arabian, Japanese, Cyrillic) need to be accompanied by an international driver’s license.
At vehicle pick-up please present a valid identification card or passport alongside a valid driver’s license.
Rental period, and grace period
Vehicles are rented on a daily basis. There is a 59-minute grace period, that is not charged. After 60 minutes, a whole day of usage is charged.
Changes in the reservation
Reservations can be changed up to 48 hours before the rental period.
Reservations can be canceled before the rental period.
The cancellation should be made online or in written form via e-mail to email@example.com
In the case that the client did not pick up the reserved vehicle for some reason, or if the client did not pick it up at the agreed time, and if CARWIZ was not informed - extra charges could be applied.
In Greece, the following minimum lessee age is required and driver's license possession are followed:
- 21 years old/2 years for vehicles in groups Mini, Economy, Compact, Intermediate
- 25 years old/2 years for vehicles in groups Compact Elite, Sedan, Premium, Luxury
- A young/senior driver's fee of 8 € per day (maximum 10 days, up to 80 €) if the driver is below 23 or above 73 years of age.
General terms of coverage
At vehicle pick up it is important to choose some type of extra coverage, there are different coverage packages that are adjusted to your needs and abilities, from decreased damage excess to no excess at all.
Collision Damage Waiver limits the driver’s responsibility for damages done to the vehicle.
The customer is only responsible for the following amounts:
- 900,00 euro (MDMR, NTAR, ECMR, EDMR, CDMR, CDAR, CWMR, CJMR, IFMR, HDAR)
- 1100,00 euro (CDMR, CWMR, CDAR, IDMR, IWAR, IFMR, IFAR)
- 1500,00 euro (DDMR, DDAR, FVMR, FVAR)
- 1800,00 euro (JDMR, JDAR, DTAR, SDMR, SDAR, LVMR, LVAR, PVMR)
- 2000,00 euro (SFAR, JFDR, JFDD, XDAD, XFDR, JFMR)
The damage done to the vehicle will be charged according to the repair price list available in our offices.
Passenger coverage (PAI)
Passengers are covered in cases of disability or death to the amount stated in current insurance regulations and rules.
Risk and user responsibility can be limited to accepting the following additions.
Collision Damage Waiver plus reduces the damage excess to the following limits:
- 310,00 euro (MDMR, MDAR, ECMR, EDMR, ECAR, EDAR, NBMR, NBAR, NTAR, NTMR, CCMR, CJMR)
- 620,00 euro (CDMR, CDAR, CWMR, IDMR, IWAR, IFMR, IFAR)
- 700,00 euro (DDMR, DDAR, FVMR, FVAR)
- 750,00 euro (DTAR, JDMR, JDAR, SDMR, SDAR, LVMR, LVAR, PVMR)
- 1116,00 euro (SFAR, JFDR, JFDD, XDAD, XFDR, JFMR)
Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW)
is coverage that reduces responsibility to 0 in case of damage to the vehicle body.
In case of a traffic accident, theft, engine breakdown, or similar
The client is obliged to:
- keep the vehicle safe until the time it is picked up by the lessor
- take the names and addresses of every witness and participant
- call the police and procure their record except in the case of motor breakdown
- give a statement as soon as possible in the nearest office of the lessor
- In the case that the user does not procure a police report, all accepted coverages such as TP / CDW, CDW +, or SCDW are considered invalid due to the client’s failure to comply with the provisions of the rental agreement and general terms and conditions.
Costs that are not covered by CARWIZ and cannot be covered by any additional coverage
- Loss or theft of luggage and or personal items from the vehicle
- Parking tickets or fines, traffic violations, and such
- Costs due to the wrong fuel type usage
- Expenses for lost, stolen, or damaged car keys
- Expenses for lost, stolen, or damaged car documents
- Expenses due to negligence – empty battery
- Expenses due to damage to the car’s interior
- Costs of lost equipment (spare tire, tire repair kit, bunker shelves, document etui, driver’s manual)
- Expenses due to damage to the additional equipment
- Expenses due to car misuse
- Expenses due to ignoring instructions for car maintenance stated in the cars service book
- Expenses to the vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Costs of car extraction from inaccessible areas (e.g. extraction from mud due to traveling outside regular road infrastructure)
- Expenses incurred by using dirt roads
- Expenses incurred by car racing or cars participation in sports events
- Expenses due to overburdening the car with people or cargo
- Damage costs caused by a person not stated in the contract as the main or additional driver
- Costs are created in cases when the main driver or additional driver stated in the rental contract does not have a valid driver’s license or has a ban on driving motor vehicles
- Other: damaged windscreen wipers or locks, loss or theft of outside parts of the vehicle without a police record, damage costs incurred by usage of roof carriers or luggage on carriers, damage caused by improper handling of luggage and or putting cargo or luggage on the roof, hood, etc., as well as expenses caused by ignoring the sound and visual warnings of the vehicle.
Delivery & Collection
Delivery/Collection must be arranged during the reservation process.
During Opening Hours
Delivery/Collection is an on-request service. Please contact the nearest CARWIZ office.
Vehicle pick-up/drop-off outside of working hours
An additional fee will be charged for reservations outside of working hours:
- From 22:01 to 23:59 - 40 euros per rental
- From 06:00 to 7:59 - 40 euros per rental
- From 00:00 to 05:59 - 100 euros per rental
One-Way Rentals within Greece:
For the service of one-way vehicle rentals, the following fees are applied:
- from Chania to Heraklion –100,00 €
- from Heraklion to Chania - 100,00€
- from Athens to Piraeus Port - 20,00€
- from Piraeus Port to Athens -20,00€
All other one-ways are not allowed / in case of a drop-off at any location without prior permission additional fee will be applied!
Additional equipment and services
All vehicles need to be returned at the same fuel level as it was when delivered.
If the client returns the vehicle with less fuel he will be charged according to a valid price list. Refilling service will be applied.
If the vehicle is returned with less fuel, the difference will be charged according to the current price list. Refueling service will be charged.
Additional driver is 8,00 euros per day / 80 euros max.
A child seat is a legal obligation and needs to be used for children up to 12 years of age and 135 cm in height. Choose the seat that best fits child's age:
- Baby seat (0-18 kg) – 5,00 € per day (50,00 € max per rental)
- Child seat (15-36 kg) - 5,00€ per day (50,00 € max per rental)
- Booster seat (children height up to 135 cm) - 5,00 € per day (50,00 € max per rental)
If you decide to rent a navigation system with your vehicle, the following fees apply:
If the client receives a traffic or parking fine during his rental period which hasn’t been paid by the end of the rental period, the charge of an additional 40,00 € will be applied.
The lessee is responsible for settling any traffic and parking fine issued during the rental period.
Damage handling fee - administration fee
If the lessee does not have any additional coverage package, and vehicle damage occurs, alongside the damage itself, an additional fee of 50,00 € will be applied.
In the case that the lessee has lost the car key, a fee of 200,00 € and more (depending on a vehicle model) will be applied.
Lost documentation or registration plates
In the case of lost or stolen vehicle documentation/ registration plates, a fee of 350.00 € will be applied.
The police report is mandatory.
In case the vehicle requires a special cleaning procedure after drop off (i.e. smell removal, animal hair, spillage of liquids), a minimum fee of 180.00 € will be charged.
Don’t smoke in vehicles
The penalty for smoking in a vehicle is 150,00 €.
The prices mentioned in this document are not valid for customers with special contracts and corporate clients.